Founded in 1957 as a division of the Department of Oriental Languages, the Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures has been committed to expanding its educational resources and saw its fruitful results after years of effort. As the disintegration of the Soviet Union transformed the political and economic climate worldwide in the 90s, Taiwan established ever closer ties with the CIS countries, creating an urgent need for Russian language specialists. In this regard, the division was reorganized as the Department of Russian Language and Literature in August 1992, and the M.A. program was commenced in 2000. In 2007, it was renamed as the Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures, reflecting an extension of its regional coverage to include slavic world. The Department has become not only a leading institution of Russian learning, but also a pioneer thanks to its Czech and Polish language programs, offering students a competitive advantage in the job market.
- 2016-09-22 9/23PM4:00【Invitation for Daniel Dobias performance】
- 2016-05-26 【3rd V4 Central European Film Festival】6/2~8/31
- 2016-05-16 6/4【NSO Lecture Concerts】Musical Pushkin
- 2016-03-22 3/31 Central European Workshop
- 2015-10-27 11/10